Shipping & Returns
Terms and Conditions
Shortages And Damaged Items.
South West Motorsport does not accept any liability for shortages and damages to supplied or delivered goods unless the customer notifies South West Motorsport by phone or email of the shortages or damages within 24 hours of supply or delivery followed by a written notification within 3 days in order to process a claim with the manufacturer or delivery company. You must retain all the original packaging for inspection by the courier or us. Help and advice will be available by phoning us on 01326 560989.
In the case of mail order, "Delivery" is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the customer's nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage shall pass to the customer.
South West Motorsport cannot be held responsible for any consequential losses, costs or damages involved with shortages and damages to items however, South West Motorsport shall endeavour to resolve any problem with expediency.
It is recommended that no commitments are made for the installation of any goods until the goods have been received in acceptable condition and their suitability for the application confirmed.
Goods being returned for any reason must be returned with a valid authorised returns form. This form must be supplied by South West Motorsport prior to the return. Failure to include the form can result in South West Motorsport being unable to process the return in which case no refund will be issued.
Failure to return the goods to the correct address as specified on the returns form, which may be different to the South West Motorsport office address, will result in additional charges for the carriage costs of forwarding the parts to the correct address.
Return of Incorrectly Supplied Goods
Goods supplied incorrectly to the customer due to an error on the part of South West Motorsport should be notified within 24 hours of receiving the delivery
Products should be thoroughly inspected to confirm their suitability and compatibility with the vehicle prior to attempting installation.
If the customer is returning the part at their own cost, then this cost will be refunded by South West Motorsport, but the value of this refund will not exceed the cost originally charged for delivery of the order
Parts must be returned in new condition. Fitting must not have been attempted
Parts ordered incorrectly by the customer should be returned in accordance with the refund policy outlined below
Return Of Faulty Goods Under Warranty.
South West Motorsport is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. Unless stated, all products we supply are brand new and come with 12 months return to base manufacturer's warranty. The warranty protects the original owner and is not transferable unless stated otherwise at the time of purchase. It covers all defects in materials and manufacturing, but does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, modification or damage caused by neglect. The warranty also does not cover any track or motorsport use unless specifically stated. Damage caused by failure to correctly install the product is also not covered. The warranty does not cover incidental or consequential losses, the cost of return for testing or the cost of removal and reinstallation. Proof of professional fitting (VAT registered garage) may be required for warranty claims; this is always so for suspension products, engine related products, electronic products.
Parts purchased for or installed on a vehicle for which the parts are not specifically listed as being suitable on our website are purchased at your own risk and are sold with NO WARRANTY and are NON-RETURNABLE
Prior to taking any action we would ask you to telephone us on 01326 560989 available Mon-Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm. We may be able to resolve the problem on the phone or give you advice on the appropriate action to take. If the problem cannot be resolved we would suggest that you return the goods to us or the designated supplier who hold the warranty and we/they will endeavour to repair the goods within 7 working days. There may be occasions due to the nature of the fault when it could be necessary to return the product to the original manufacturer, if so this may take longer dependant on the manufacturer's turnaround time.
On receipt of the returned product we/the manufacturer will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us. Provided that the goods are found to be faulty under the terms of the manufacturer's warranty there will be no charge for rectification. If following the testing process the product is found to be in good working order without defect we will return the product to you. The cost of this return is charged to you and will require payment before the item is returned.
The warranty does not cover the cost of the carriage for the return of the product to be inspected / repaired / replaced, nor does it cover the cost of the carriage for the return of the product to you.
Mail order customers will be responsible for the organisation of returning the goods to us/the manufacturer.
The following may be helpful:
- Please ensure the equipment is adequately packed and protected to prevent damage in transit. Any damage caused in transit from the customer to us will be the customer's responsibility and not covered by any warranty.
- Do not forget to include a copy of your proof of purchase and also a full description of the fault. Please supply a daytime contact telephone number and return address.
- We would recommend that you take out adequate compensation to cover the value of the goods. South West Motorsport cannot accept liability for packages damaged or lost during transit. It is the customer's responsibility to adequately pack and protect the goods and to ensure that the parcel is sufficiently insured.
Contracts for the purchase of goods by a customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the South West Motorsport website are subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Consumers may cancel goods purchased from South West Motorsport by telephone to 01326 560989 or by e-mail to: email@example.com. The notice of cancellation must be delivered within 14 calendar days of the date of delivery of goods to the nominated address. The following conditions apply:
- The customer will be responsible for all delivery costs, including the organization and cost of returning the goods making sure they are adequately packaged and insured.
- The goods are to be returned unopened and in perfect resalable condition.
- If the above points are met upon inspection of the returned goods, a refund will be made to the customer. Any surcharges charged to South West Motorsport for accepting the payment from the customer will not be refunded.
Purchases made are not sold on a "Trial basis". Customers are strongly advised to check the suitability and specification of products prior to purchasing. In the event that South West Motorsport, at its discretion, may agree to accept the goods back the following conditions will apply:
- The goods are to be returned unopened and in perfect resalable condition.
- The goods are to be returned within 21 days of purchase with notification within 14 days.
- If the product is a special order item then it will be non-returnable
- If the product is a made to order item then it will be non-returnable
- Deposits for special order items are non-refundable even in the event that the customer has not yet received the products.
- Returns requested after 14 days from delivery are accepted at the discretion of South West Motorsport. If accepted, a handling fee of 15% will be deducted from the refunded and costs of original shipping are not refunded.
- International returns (outside of warranty returns or errors on the part of South West Motorsport) are all subject to a 15% restocking fee due to additional administration involved with international orders. No shipping costs are refunded for international orders which are returned.
- We accept no claim or liability for labour costs or any other consequential expenses/loses under any circumstances.
Prices & Errors And Omissions
Goods and services, together with vat, are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of order. South West Motorsport reserves the right to modify the prices from time to time.
South West Motorsport makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted on its website are correct and accurate. However, in the event that a mistake may occur due to the rapidly changing nature of the market South West Motorsport will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the customer's order, and South West Motorsport's liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the customer has paid in respect of that order.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
It is our aim to respect your privacy at all times. As a result, we will not disclose any personal information to any third party company except where necessary. Cases where doing so becomes a necessity include:-
- Recording and processing of orders and payments.
- Credit checking or rating.
- Fraud Prevention.
- Control and maintenance of after sales service and warranty. Including dealing with customer complaints.
All the images on the website are for illustrative purpose only. Images should not be used in any way to base the decision to purchase, or assess the suitability of a product
Shipping costs on our websites related to UK mainland delivery only
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.